Thursday, January 24, 2019

My Favorite News Sources

NPR (National Public Radio)


Image result for npr

 I enjoy this News Source the most because of their range of topics from politics to music, arts, life and television. On their website they have a segment called the Tiny Desk Concert where artists of all genres preform in an office space in front of a live audience. The most memorable performances that i've seen were that of Erykah Badu and Tyler the Creator. I usually go to this site for their music recommendations but every once in a while i'll take a peek at what's going on in the world news.

Mass Appeal
Image result for Mass appeal














Though the site is under reconstruction  right now, mass appeal is a site that reports Pop Culture and World/Political News. Though it's main focus is Music, it covers topics of fashion, art, film and politics. Right now the site is moving towards documentaries of Hip Hop Culture but it will most likely still provide news on the other topics mentioned as well.


New York Times
Image result for new york times

This is the most reliable news source that I use when I want to hear about whats going on in politics or world news. I tend to try to keep my mind clear of those topics (my mind is stressful enough already) but when I want an unbiased report on what's going on, this is where i go.


Highsnobiety

 Image result for highsnobiety
Being a Pop Culture and Media Production major, It's only natural that I  have a favorite website consisting in only Pop Culture News. This site features the latest news on Urban culture with topics of music, sneakers, fashion, design and style. Mainly focusing on fashion and music, it gives you weekly updates of the hottest styles, newest lines of clothing for the season and hot upcoming artists this month. Since Mass Appeal is down this is the website that i use the most.


The New Yorker 

Image result for new yorker


Being born and raised in New York, I can tell you first hand that NYC is a place of many different cultures, ideas and Opinions. The New Yorker provides topics that mirror the core ideals of the greatest city on earth. It's topics include news, politics, cartoons, humor, books, business and tech. It's intriguing titles and captivating home page keeps the viewer glued to the screen when wanting to know "what's going on".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Class Wrap Up (Week 16)

My experience with the blog posts was interesting. It was a new way to help me memorize what we did in class as well as present my opinion ...