Wednesday, March 6, 2019

HPU: Public vs Private Property

I've been here for 3 years and it's not a secret that there's a little bit of problems on this extraordinary campus. From the parking/fountain dilemma to the concert slumps, students here would like to see some small changes in the campus but little do they know, their chances are very slim. Because this is a private campus they can do whatever they want, no matter what the students say. Now if they decided to change it on their own accord based on what they heard, that's totally different but we can't force them to do anything; any protest or petition means nothing and they don't have to yield to our demands if they don't want to. HPU is currently of the mindset of: "Here's our rules and if you don't like them you can leave." Sometimes my friends talk to me about protesting for more parking, saying "we have a right to protest as citizens" but not here, not on this campus. It's depressing that we can't protest for the things that we want. This is the same reason why the old HPU newspaper was disbanded because they were saying negative comments about HPU's system and the hierarchy of the school didn't like that so now we have a "school friendly" newspaper which is 100% controlled by HPU.  I really needed to express my feelings towards this campus because I feel like not enough students do. I the direction that we're going I don't think that the connection between campus and students is going to get any better for the rest of my time here. The connection will probably grow farther apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Class Wrap Up (Week 16)

My experience with the blog posts was interesting. It was a new way to help me memorize what we did in class as well as present my opinion ...