Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Donald Trump and the feeding frenzy era

While looking at news websites to find out what I should write for a blog post, I'm continuously seeing articles on Donald Trump and his effect on the government. I understand that the actions of our president are important and he's a role-model of us to the rest of the world but isn't there anything else to talk about? I'm not they type of person who usually talks on political issues but i don't think this is a political issue, its a problem with our media. In my Global Studies class, we talked about the definition and impact of a feeding frenzy. A feeding frenzy is when the media feeds you an unnecessary amount of useless information on a popular subject. They may not be as relevant but there is definitely more important things that we can talk about on the news than "Day 15 of Government Shutdown, Nothing is Happening Still." Michael Che from SNL said on a segment: "God, I hate what Donald Trump is doing but in a way I have to thank him. He makes my job so much easier." Michael Che hosts SNL's Weekend Update segment alongside his co-host Colin Jost and since Trump has began running for president, he's been mentioned every weekend. I'm not saying that we should drop all news on Trump all together, It's the media's role to hold political figures accountable for their actions (Watch Dog Function). But, let's just diversify the conversation a little bit. Please?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Class Wrap Up (Week 16)

My experience with the blog posts was interesting. It was a new way to help me memorize what we did in class as well as present my opinion ...